Tuesday, April 6, 2010

OA part 2

These ants are making me crazy! I have actually had dreams about ants the last two nights.

I think my pepper/cinnamon combo is not working anymore. I also tried apple cider vinegar sprayed around the window. And then I watched them crawl right through it.
I've had to kill at least 20-30 ants over the last couple days, and one so far this morning. Everytime I turn around in the kitchen, there's another one! I set down a lid from strawberries for a few minutes last night while Scott and I ate them, and found one in it when I went to rinse it out.

DE is a good idea, mom. I could also sprinkle straight Borax. The problem is that I don't have a flat surface to sprinkle onto. We only see the ants on the side of the house. They might live in the plants along the back, or the wood piles on the side, but we're not sure (our biggest fear is that they are living IN the house somewhere). But to keep them out of the house, I need something that I can spray along the window. I think they have caught onto my borax/honey/sugar mixture, too, because I don't see them eating it anymore, even after I spread a fresh batch out there yesterday. Scott's faith in my methods is waning and I think he will be spraying something/calling an exterminator soon.

Well, at least I tried!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I've always had HUGE success with Terro Ant Killer (Creig was the one who told me about it) and it's something you can leave on the counter - away from the dogs and Orrin. It's kind of fun, in a twisted sort of way, to watch them drink the liquid, knowing they're taking it back to share with their little ant buddies..... takes about a week - but wipes out the colony.
Mom

Cara said...

Bummer! Ants stink! I'm so ready for spring, but not the bugs that go along with it. I just killed a big spider this morning. Ewwwww.