Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fail

I wanted to run a couple of errands this afternoon - just a quick run to Horrocks and then Fields Fabric. Both are very nearby. I put Orrin in a disposable diaper for the trip just in case, and briefly considered grabbing the diaper bag but opted against it (I always carry a diaper in my purse anyway).

I only needed one small item from Fields so I decided to carry Orrin in (vs using the stroller) to keep me from getting distracted. Walking through the door, I got a whiff of *that* odor.

Okay, in and out, it will be fine. Just don't get to close to anyone.

I stood near the elastic, trying to find what I needed, and Orrin got the hiccups, causing him to spit up twice all over his shirt. Now I'm holding him, so I can't rummage through my purse to find some kleenex.

Pretend not to notice the white goo covering his front.

Still don't see what I need and feeling desperate to get out, I went to the desk to ask. Just as she was pointing out the shelf (while giving Orrin a funny look - not sure if it was due to the goo or the smell...), I felt dampness on my arm. The one right under his butt.

Defeat.

Haha, you should have seen the look on her face when I said "thank you" and turned and walked out the door!

I guess Orrin REALLY hates the fabric store.

1 comment:

Cara said...

LOL. The story of our lives... :)!!!