Monday, March 23, 2009

Fun Stuff

Scott and I celebrated our first anniversary on the 14th! We had a fabulous day. Scott didn't go in to work (yeah, it was a Saturday, but he usually has to work), so we slept in, took the dogs for a walk at the nature area, went to Babies R Us, and had a huge dinner at Ming Ten.
I figured out one of the great things about our marriage: Scott is romantic and sentimental and sweet; I'm none of those, but I love cake! He ordered a cake from the Cake Connection (who made our wedding cake) to celebrate. We didn't even eat it on Saturday b/c we were so full from dinner, but we enjoyed it the rest of the week.

The gifts (a lot of paper):

The Cake:This past Saturday was Scott's birthday. We had another fun day, except he didn't get to sleep in because he went to work. We went to the Ultimate Sports Show, where Scott drooled over some fishing boats. Then out to dinner at Outback. We got to celebrate Scott and Andrew's birthdays - as well as say goodbye and wish Andrew luck in Louisiana - with the family on Sunday.

We owe a huge thanks to Mom and Dad M. for the crib and mattress, and for helping to assemble it. The baby's room is starting to come together.
I'm almost finished with sewing the crib skirt. I have enough fabric left over to sew valences for the windows too! Looking through Babies R Us and Target at bedding sets, we decided not to even register for one b/c they are so expensive! I found fabric that I like better than anything else we've seen anyway. Here was the inspiration for the room/theme:
I bought this like 5 years ago for $3 because I thought it was cute. Scott likes it too, so we hung it up in there, and a theme was born. :)


And just a plug - if you ever need a cake for anything (wedding, shower, just because), please call Marla at Cake Connection (you can google it for the info)! She operates out of her house, her cakes are so yummy and beautiful and affordable, and she's really nice!

No comments: