Wednesday, August 8, 2012

3 years old



 Can you believe this kid is 3?!  Some Orrin fun facts to remember:

For his birthday, he wanted a cat and a cuckoo clock.  And green cake.
When he grows up, he wants to be a farmer.
His favorite color (at the moment, changes daily) is green.
Favorite Bible Story is "Cheus the little man", with "Guyloth" being a close second.
Current likes: "mac-o-cheese", trains, thomas the train books/videos, helping Scott with just about anything, veggie tales music and dvds, playing outside, playing the guitar and drums, liger pajamas, switching everyone's names (mommy is daddy, daddy is Orrin and so on - it gets very confusing to carry on for a long time), making up words, helping me bake
Current dislikes: most vegetables and meat (exceptions are carrots, chicken nuggets, and hot dogs), loud buzzing noises, haircuts, wearing sandals without socks, the potty or anything associated with using it,
Current best friends: Katelyn and Naomi
Favorite phrases: "not anything"(said emphatically and stubbornly), "draining your injury", "Jonada is a nada" (translation: Joanna is a banana), "not be real, be tend", "a couple whiles"

I tried to make his birthday special.  I told him he could pick something fun to do (like the zoo or gardens) and got the standard "not anything" response.  So I packed them both up and told him I was bringing him to a surprise.  We went to Centerpointe mall, where they have these coin operated rides.  I let him play on them for awhile, then before we left I let him pick one that I actually put money in for him to ride (too bad the first two that he picked didn't actually work!).




Since when I asked him what he wanted for dinner, I also got the "not anything" answer, I chose macaroni and cheese with cut-up hotdogs.   I think he might have been on to the hidden squash because he didn't actually eat much of the noodles, he was mostly picking out the hotdogs.  Maybe those rank higher to him now.  

With his green cake.


He seriously only ate a couple bites before he was done.  He'll always act excited for sweets, but doesn't really seem to like them.  

Opening presents.  We decided that on each birthday, we would give the kids one new privilege and one new responsibility.  This year, Orrin will start helping set the table, and we will allow him to play some of the wii sports games with Scott or I.  It was hard to come up with stuff now, but we want to at least set the stage for years to come when it might be more meaningful.

The best for last - a set of wooden train tracks to use with his trains!  He was pretty excited. 

It was a great day, and I am exhausted!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

children's enjoy the train games allot.


Kids Train Sets