Friday, September 10, 2010

Orrin stuff


Well, somehow between all of the house showings, we have managed to have some fun the last few weeks. Orrin is cruising along furniture and climbing all over everything lately. I found him inside the bathroom cupboard one day, throwing everything out. He finally learned how to go up and down stairs, and is quite obsessed with that now. A couple more teeth have popped through, too. We don't think he is too far away from walking, I say by Halloween, Scott says by mid-November, and Becky says by February (so little faith in her nephew!). :)
Best of all, he loves to "help" me with the laundry. I don't mind. Although trying to clean the house for a showing with him around is pretty much impossible (very thankful that Mom M comes and gets him when necessary!). He has an amazing knack to know where I'm going next with the vacuum and plant himself there.

So lets see, we went to the beach with his aunts, uncle, cousins, and grandpa. Orrin spent hours shoveling (and eating) sand, exploring, and crawling into the water and just staring. Just ask me how I know that Orrin ate more than one handful of sand (except don't, its gross).

Then we went to the Hudsonville Fair, where we learned that Orrin LOVES rabbits.
He also fell for this guy. Someday Orrin, someday. (well, someday when you are grown and can afford your own and let me come and play with it)Cows were pretty cool, too.

This one left Orrin pretty slimy.
This picture does not do it justice, but Orrin really gets into blueberry pancakes.
We returned to the fair with some of Orrin's good friends. They were loving watching the rides.
And we played at Gun lake one fabulous Sunday with my family.

More to come. Up next, the great story of our (hopefully) new house.

1 comment:

Cara said...

FuN! I can't wait to hear about the house! I was wondering... :) then when Adalynn got sick I couldn't catch up on the dish! Poo!
Soon enough! :)