Friday, August 14, 2009

Wow

I guess first I should introduce Orrin, even though I think everyone knows by now.
He was born at 6:23am on Sat August 8th. 7lb 9oz, 20in

Labor was not so bad, it went on all day Friday and we finally went to the hospital at midnight. It was much more calm and relaxed than I thought - of course the epidural helped. I gave in around 3 or 3:30 am and got it by 4. That wasn't my plan but I'm glad I did it, the whole experience was kind of fun after that.

He is very healthy and eats and sleeps so well! The past two nights, Scott and I have probably slept about 7 hours each (broken up into segments of course). Not bad, although we're still recovering from almost no sleep at all last weekend and early this week. We're still learning about diaper changes though. We've gone through about 5 outfits a day so far, and washed the changing pad cover many times. Orrin likes to wait until the diaper is off to do his business.

We really appreciate all the help and food so far! We feel very blessed that so many people love Orrin too and want to help us out!

Scott and I had fun taking pictures the other day, here's a few.


















2 comments:

Wendy said...

Congratulations!

Cara said...

He is WAY super cute. Can't wait to meet him for real! Let us know if you have any time...and when you are ready to be 'out and about' or want some visitors! Love you guys!