Thursday, October 9, 2008

New and Exciting

The most exciting thing in recent events: Scott finally gave in and let us buy a freezer! That doesn't really sound that exciting but we got a fabulous deal and now we don't have to be afraid of opening the door on the freezer in the kitchen without everything spilling out. And I have a place to put all of the baked goods. We went apple picking so I've made apple brownies, apple bread, apple scones, apple crisp.... It gives me something to do during the day. Today I'm trying apple muffins.
I also made a very exciting discovery. Spaghetti squash! I saw Rachael Ray make it a couple weeks ago, then saw one in the produce dept so I bought it. We tried it last night and it was so good! And it makes a ton! Scott maybe doesn't love it quite as much as me, but he's a good sport about trying new things (haha, like he has a choice). :)
So I guess that sums up my life of not working - I spend it in the kitchen. My jeans are getting a little tight. :)

1 comment:

Cara said...

Oh my goodness, I found spaghetti squash too at a farmstand and though I'd try it. I love it also! Yea, T thinks it's all right. I'm thrilled though. :) Mmmm...we've done spaghetti squash stir fry and just had it regular with fish. Nummy!