Saturday, September 29, 2007

Diamond Apples

So Scott and I went apple picking yesterday. We picked a couple, then I saw the perfect apple. I went around the tree, talking about how perfect and beautiful the apple was that I was about to pick. I heard Scott ask "What about this one?" and turned around to see his apple. Instead he was on his knee holding out a ring. This was so confusing to me! All I could say was "What are you doing???" He said he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and would I marry him. I'm pretty sure I said yes, and another "what are you doing??" in there. :)

It was the most perfect moment I could imagine, but took a while to wrap my brain around. I mean I knew that eventually it would happen, I just figured I would be suspicious and have an idea of when - I had no idea!!! The people back at the barn took our picture, then we had dinner at Panera, walked the dogs, watched Rob Bell's nooma "Flame", and watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding (just seemed appropriate). We decided just to have the excitement to ourselves for the evening and didn't tell anyone til this morning. It was the best night ever! And tonight we are celebrating with fondue at the Melting Pot. :)

Tentatively we are thinking March 14th but its not definite and we're going to hold off on thinking any more about plans for a couple weeks.






For Sara:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is exactly how i remember I proposed to Sara!! ;-)

Congrats to you both!!!

Sara said...

Must have up close pic of ring!!

Eugene Chang said...

Oh my goodness! Congrats!!!! It's been a while since I've heard from ya, but this is a GREAT way to hear. =)

j said...

Ring is purrrtty!

Unknown said...

congratulations Laura!!!! I'm so happy for you. wow, good thing for xanga updates :)

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.